Janette H. McDermottM.D. Request An Appointment
- General Surgery Breast Care
- Medical Education: Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY
- Internship: University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX
- Residency: University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX
- Fellowship: University of Illinois, Chicago, IL
Dr. McDermott is a board certified general surgeon who specializes in the surgical treatment of benign and malignant breast disease. Her interest extends not only to the physical aspects of these diseases but also to the psychological impact.
Dr. McDermott has been involved as a principal at a national level with National Cancer Institute breast cancer trials and program development. Dr. McDermott is a member of the New York Metropolitan Breast Cancer Group, the American Society of Breast Surgeons and the prestigious Society of Surgical Oncology. She is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
Dr. McDermott received her medical degree from Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons in New York City and her general surgical training at the University of Texas Southwestern in Dallas. She received subspecialty training at the University of Illinois in breast cancer research including a minimally invasive breast surgical and radiologic techniques training under the auspices of the National Cancer Institute and fellowship from the American Cancer Society.
Surgical Oncology, Breast Diseases