Ava HuchunM.D. Request An Appointment
- Cornea Specialist
- Undergraduate: Biology, University of Hawaii – Manoa, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Medical School: Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, NE
- Internship: Madigan Army Medical Center, Fort Lewis, WA
- Residency: Ophthalmology, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC
- Fellowship: Ophthalmology, Cornea and Refractive Surgery, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine – Wilmer Eye Institute, Baltimore, MD
Ava Huchun, MD is a cornea fellowship-trained ophthalmologist who provides comprehensive care to patients in need of routine eye exams as well as to those presenting with cataracts, early glaucoma, refractive disorders, and ocular eyelid conditions. She also performs laser refractive surgery, surgical refractive surgery, cataract surgery, implantable contact lens placement, corneal transplants, and blepharoplasty/eyelid procedures. Dr. Huchun treats each patient as though they are a member of her own family stating, “The study of medicine has always interested me, but I feel most fulfilled when I am helping others and patient satisfaction always comes first.” When not in the office, Dr. Huchun likes to fish, knit, read, and spend time with her family.