Geethan SivananthanM.D. Request An Appointment
- Barretts Esophagus
- Celiac Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (ibs)
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Gastroenterology
- Gastroenterology, Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, NY
- Internal Medicine, Weill Cornell New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY
- American Gastroenterology Association
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- American Medical Association
- St. Barnabas Medical Center, Livingston
- Overlook Hospital, Summit
Dr. Geethan Sivananthan (Siva) is board-certified in internal medicine and gastroenterology. He graduated summa cum laude from the honors program at Rutgers College. He earned his medical degree from Rutgers-New Jersey Medical School, where he was elected to the exclusive Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, a lifelong recognition of a physician’s excellence and dedication to the medical profession and the art of healing. Dr. Sivananthan completed his internal medicine internship and residency at the prestigious Weill Cornell-New York Presbyterian Hospital in Manhattan. He went on to complete his fellowship in gastroenterology at Lenox Hill Hospital, training under a world-renowned physician team, where he gained valuable clinical and patient experience. Dr. Sivananthan previously served as director of gastroenterology services at the Christ Hospital charity clinic while he was a gastroenterology attending physician with CarePoint Medical Group.
Dr. Sivananthan has presented original research in the GI field at several national conferences, including the American College of Gastroenterology annual scientific congress. His clinical interests encompass the full breadth of gastrointestinal disease and endoscopy with particular interests in colon cancer screening and awareness, acid reflux disease, celiac disease, Barrett’s esophagus, capsule endoscopy and inflammatory bowel disease.
Born and raised in New Jersey, Dr. Sivananthan is pleased to be back in the area providing excellent patient care at Center for Digestive Diseases. When he is not practicing medicine, he enjoys spending time with his wife and young son, enjoying all that the area has to offer.